The right divorce for you
Ms. Bernstein established her Brooklyn law firm in 1995 to provide legal representation tailored to the needs of her clients. She has experience handling traditional divorce and family law cases, but also encourages clients to explore using mediation and collaborative law techniques as an alternative to litigation. As a former prosecutor for the Administration for Children’s Services, she has the courtroom knowledge necessary to try difficult cases in Family or Supreme Court in New York should doing so prove to be your best course of action. She knows how to examine complex family situations from every angle to find the best solution—she acts as legal counsel for adults and is routinely appointed by the court to represent children in custody disputes.
Ultimately, Ms. Bernstein’s goal as your attorney is to help your family reach healthy, mutually satisfactory decisions with as little strife as possible.
Serving clients in New York
The Law and Mediation Office of Helene Bernstein, PLLC has a location in Brooklyn, NY. Ms. Bernstein’s practice handles a wide array of family law topics. However, no matter your location, she is here to answer any questions you may have.
Reach out to the Law and Mediation Office of Helene Bernstein, PLLC
Contact the Law and Mediation Office of Helene Bernstein, PLLC online to discuss your family’s legal needs with a qualified divorce and family law attorney and mediator. Ms. Bernstein works with clients in Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan. Additionally, she has flexible office hours, including evenings and weekends by appointment, and accepts credit cards for payments. She is an approved consultant mediator for the New York City Family Court.
Frequently Asked Questions on Mediation and Family Law
- What is mediation?
- What are the benefits of mediation?
- Do I ever have to go to court during a divorce?
- What if my spouse or former spouse fails to fulfill our mediation agreement?
- How do we pick an amount for child support or maintenance in mediation?
- What is collaborative law?
- What if collaborative divorce attempts fail?
- Can you be my review attorney?
- Can I get a no-fault divorce in New York?
- What are the new changes to New York divorce laws?
- We are considering adopting a child. How do we learn more about this?